By

Skyrim VR has multiple control options on PSVR, including DualShock 4 and PlayStation Move. We look at all of the options available to you, and the various comfort settings, too. How you be playing The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim VR?

For more information, visit:
Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/pushsquare
Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/pushsquare

source

41 thoughts on “Skyrim VR PS4 Controls: DualShock 4 or PlayStation Move? | PSVR | PS4 Pro Gameplay Footage”

1. Thanks, I'm going to buy this online today. Just bought borderlands 2 and was disappointed that they removed the crouch and sprint buttons on the ds4 controller so it's not quite like the original game. I have no problems with motion sickness so glad can play skyrim just as original designed.

2. Apart from the eye strain, My PSVR has proved an absolutely breathtaking immersive memory that I have never experienced before. An absolute blast playing with this thing.

3. I hate snap turning and teleportation.

Breaks immersion that I come to expect of VR, this video definitely helped me avoid immersion breakers (I don’t get Motion Sickness).

4. finally a decent review on how exactly it works/controls/how they deal with motion sickness. So many reviews were just talking about how awesome it is without giving any sort of details. Thanks for this.

5. We've had Skyrim for YEARS on Xbox360. Glad I never put much time into it, as now I have it for PSVR so I'm not going to be "re" playing such a huge game. My first real Skyrim experience will be in VR 🙂

6. Hi .. I have an issue with my move controller, I can't seem to up or down in the settings menu and I also can't access my items inventory etc
    have I mistakenly changed something !! because I couldn't fix it 🙁

7. wooo i'm your 1000'th like.
    trying to figure out how to get the character on screen to turn all the way behind with my dualshock controller.. i get stuck in this tower trying to run up its spiral stairway while looking straight forward to get set on fire by the dragon
     and cant stop looking off to the side in the direction i entered the door from.
     if i turn my back to the tv then i can get that angle. >_< kind of wish they ported the skyrim original controller scheme and just overlaid the visual context

8. So I think your quite wrong in regards to teleport being slow. The reason it’s bad imo, is that it breaks immersion quite a bit. However you are SO much faster and agile when using it, so once I get a feel for it, I can’t take it off. You can spam the short range version to move way quicker than sprinting, without using stamina, and you can leap gaps that are normally impossible. I’m playing an archer and mastering teleport has felt like an extra gameplay skill to master, and doing so is really satisfying. Need to back peddle when melee attacks are closing in? Cool, toss it over your shoulder and instantly jump back 20ft or so. Enemy is charging in for a lunge attack, sweet, time it right and you can litterly juke the enemy, and the damage. It’s like have free dodge rolls in the middle of combat, and super speed when just exploring. I hate how it make the game feel more “gamey”, but it’s worth it for the usability and fun factor, for me at least.

9. I get no motion sickness from any psvr game..I turn off all the comfort settings and it made the game soooooo much more immersive..oh and you must use the move controllers to get 100% immersion..the update that just came out also made the game look even better and my PS4 Pro helps too..a lot! Also do not drink alcohol before playing..that's the only time that I got some motion sickness

10. Played the first half of the game with move and the last part with dualshock (out of laziness), defiently recommend dualshock if you're trying to play seriously and focus but play with move if you're just trying to have fun

11. I’m sorry but you could have given a more in depth look at the move controllers. I absolutely recommend playing Skyrim with the move controllers. It makes it so much more immersive and intense. I wish you had told all your viewers of how realistic it is, for instance how you can free move and hold a shield in one arm and swing your sword in the other arm… and how cool it is to shoot a bow and arrow with move controllers. Omg the frantic thrusts of your right arm when you’re swinging at a monster with low health. 😆 I could go on and on about how the move sticks rule.

12. I use the move controllers because 1: I can. It may sound weird to you at first but hear me out. If you play Skyrim regularly you can only use Dualshock 4 (PS4) but in VR you can use the move controllers. IMO this really adds to the immersion of VR as oppose to using the Dualshock 4. 2: (more importantly) I find it much more fun and cooler to fight using the move controllers than with the Dualshock 4. I practice martial arts in real life so it is really awesome to be able to finally use weapons (and magic) freely in a video game. Usually this is a problem because in a lot of games you can only slash or thrust in one way because you can just press a button. But now you can use the weapons basically how you want to. I really like using the shield (in combination with a sword) in VR because you can use the shield much more realistically (like for instance using it offensively, not just defensively). Also, since I practice archery in real life as well, it is really cool to be able to use the bows with the motion controllers since, again, it is more realistic.
    Yes, the motion controllers can be a bit harder/less smooth to use than the Dualshock 4 but because we got the opportunity to use the motion controllers like that in Skyrim, I prefer them.